ShinobiBattles- Version 2
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official ShinobiBattles Forum

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

User perception to bug fixes

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Azrael
Genin

User perception to bug fixes Empty
PostSubject: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 9:31 pm

My first perception is that an Admin should be online to give the illusion that the boss is in and things are being done. If I only see an admin on once every few days, and at 3 minutes of activity they are already offline, I begin to believe this is an abandoned game.

If all the players in the game are mentioning in each town chat and in the wilderness chat (and there is a bug report in the forums) that there is a game breaking bug (if you can't travel you can't pvp) and the bug doesn't get fixed until the players catch 'the' Admin online a day or so later into the bug and send him game mails, that is a problem.

As an admin, use the alerts to say hello, your checking in and taking a look at today's issue. If we the players don't see any admins online and we haven't heard anything for a few hours we don't know if your offline squashing bugs, caught up doing real life stuff, taking a break from the game (sleeping) or quitting.

A world wide chat (named Help for instance) needs to be implemented. I arrived in wave two of new players, and i have noticed that wave three arrived, didn't spend the 3 days to get to genin before quitting. As a side note, most didn't even bother to get past level one. In traveling to towns (and reading the town chat) i saw that most of the newbies were asking questions, but they weren't getting answers from the Admins, Mods or higher level players. And this lack of communication lead them to leave the game.

If Shadow Ace is our designated public relations Admin, then you need him traveling to the towns saying hello to the newbies and answering questions. If King and Front are coders, you need them alerting us that they are alive and telling us what they are working on today. I'm not sure Catles role yet, but they need to be communicating with us players as well.

I believe that half the game is communication. You need to keep the players interested, if not excited, about the game if you expect referrals. And more importantly players in chat saying hello, welcome to the game, here is how you play.

I saw a player in the forums post a farewell. Take this to heart. There is a player who liked the game enough to tell you why they left.

Anyway, i've rambled on long enough. Players, post your opinions. Devs, respond in kind. As always keep it civil and lets have fun.
Back to top Go down
Ardaal
Genin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyThu Jun 30, 2011 10:17 pm

couldn't agree more! u admins should show us the light of hope. :/
Back to top Go down
catles
academy student

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:21 am

We are working on transitions of staff members, k1ng is going to college and im taking over the coding soon enough...... do note i have a life, a job, my own sites, and others things
Back to top Go down
Ardaal
Genin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 3:45 am

np,catles,just try to always reply like u did now so we know u r here and working for improvement Smile
Back to top Go down
catles
academy student

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:37 am

sady that wont happen alot sance i dont like to use forums like this one as it hurts my eyes
Back to top Go down
Ardaal
Genin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:40 am

what abt other admins then? Sad
Back to top Go down
catles
academy student

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:42 am

not alot of admins like using forums it seems so i not know
Back to top Go down
Ardaal
Genin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 4:52 am

but,make at least 1 admin who will do this. Sad
we need an admin to be the link of players and stuffs,don't we? Razz
Back to top Go down
catles
academy student

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:00 am

as in old SB watch the link at the buttom of the Main Menu
Back to top Go down
Ardaal
Genin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:08 am

wow,nice work ^^
Back to top Go down
Admin
Admin
Admin

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 9:08 am

Sup guys, as i'm more of a actual player then a mod or an admin, i can be that bridge between the staff and the players if you want, i'm usually on 18 hours of the day anyway lol
Back to top Go down
https://shinobibattles-v2.forumotion.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: User perception to bug fixes   User perception to bug fixes Empty

Back to top Go down

User perception to bug fixes
Page 1 of 1